Error: A connection was successfully established with the server, but then an error occurred during the login process. (provider: Shared Memory Provider, error: 0 - No process is on the other end of the pipe.) (.Net SqlClient Data Provider)
Step 1: Open SQL Server Configuration Manager
- Go to Windows 8 Start screen.
- Start typing in SQLServerManager11.msc if you are looking for SQL Server 2012 configuration manager. Type in SQLServerManager10.msc if you are looking for SQL Server 2008 configuration manager.
- In the result panel you can see the SQLServerConfiguration Manager.
- Click the icon to launch the SQL Server Configuration manager.
- The configuration manager will open in MMC.
Step 2: Enable following configuration settings