In this post, I will be creating our first SPA application using Hot towel SPA template.
If you haven't installed VS.Net 2012.2 Update, then please do it now before reading further.
Step 1: Open VS.Net and start creating asp.net mvc application
Step 2: There are 2 default template available for creating SPA application, choose "Hot Towel SPA" template
App Folder Stucture
- Views Folder - Contains HTML files, it will have plain html code which is used for presentation.
- Services Folder - Can be used for storing global SPA code which can be shared among all SPA pages.
Special SPA Files
- Main.js File - It will contain logic for applying SPA application related settings and starting SPA application.
- Shell.js File - It will contain navigation related logic
- Example: details.html and details.js files
- You can then write navigation logic in shell.js file.
Now lets run the application to view how it looks :)
In next post we will understand, how to perform basic customization to default HTS template.